Welcome to Visit Tennessee
Tennessee makes you feel the rythm in you, In Tennessee you will experience America at Its Best. So much to see in Tennessee!
The Big Bend State
Located in the southeastern region of the United States, known for its rich history, scenic beauty, and musical heritage. Some of its most popular tourist destinations include Nashville, the state capital, which is known for its country music scene and historic sites like the Ryman Auditorium and the Country Music Hall of Fame; Memphis, famous for blues and rock 'n' roll music, as well as for being the home of Elvis Presley's Graceland mansion; and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, which is a natural wonder renowned for its breathtaking vistas and diverse wildlife. Other notable attractions include the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga, the Jack Daniel's Distillery in Lynchburg, and the Civil War battlefields of Shiloh and Stones River.
Facts about Tennessee
- Capital: Nashville
- Nickname: The Volunteer State
- Major tourist destinations: Nashville, Memphis, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Dollywood, Graceland (Elvis Presley's former home)
- Popular activities: Live music, BBQ, history and Civil War sites, outdoor recreation (hiking, fishing, boating)
- Best time to visit: Late spring to early fall (April to October)
- Climate: Varies by region, with hot summers and cool winters in most areas.
The nature of Tennessee
Tennessee is a nature lover's paradise, offering a wealth of opportunities to explore and experience the great outdoors. Whether you're a hiker, camper, or simply enjoy scenic drives, you'll find plenty of natural beauty to admire in this southern state.